During their visit, inspectors carried out lesson observations, conducted interviews with pupils, and examined samples of pupils’ work.
They held discussions with members of staff (teaching and support) and some Governors and they attended tutor group meetings. They visited areas right across the School including the facilities for learning support and the medical centre, as well as the boarding houses. The responses of parents, staff and pupils to pre-inspection questionnaires, for which we helpfully had a high response rate, were analysed and they examined all our documentation and policies that we are required to have.
The inspectors found that we fully met all of the Independent School Standards Regulations and those set out by the Department for Education. These cover:
- Quality of education
- Spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of pupils
- Welfare, health and safety of pupils
- Suitability of staff, supply staff and proprietors
- Premises and accommodation
- Provision of information
- Manner in which complaints are handled
- Quality of leadership and management.
The School meets all the Independent School Standards, the National Minimum Standards for Boarding Schools and the relevant requirements of the statutory framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage
No further action is required as a result of the inspection.
Other Highlights Include:
- In the Junior School results are well above the national average
- At GCSE, results are well above the national average
- At A level, results are well above the national average
- The teaching enables pupils to make good progress, encompasses effective behaviour management and is supported by suitable resources
- Arrangements are made to safeguard and promote the welfare of pupils.