We are working hard to minimise the risk of COVID-19 to our community. As such, we are limiting visits/tours/events at the school to invite/appointment only. Please contact+44 (0)20 8501 5700 should you require further guidance.
We realise that this approach may cause inconvenience and disappointment to all those who were hoping or had planned to visit the school; however the health and wellbeing of our pupils, staff and community are paramount.
Visitors must NOT visit the school in the following circumstances:
- If they have been advised by their GP or hospital clinician to either stay at home or leave their home only under limited constraints.
- If they or any member of their household or support bubble have tested positive for COVID-19.
- If they or any member of their household or support bubble are showing symptoms and are currently waiting for a test or for test results.
- If they have been contacted by NHS Test and Trace and advised to self-isolate.
- If they have recently entered the UK from another country and are required to follow the current quarantine guidelines in place at the time of return.
When you arrive
- Please ensure you report to our School Reception
- Please wear a face mask or face covering unless exempt
- You will be requested to scan the school QR code or to give details to Reception for purposes of track and trace.
- You are requested to maintain social distances as reasonably possible, there will be times when on school grounds (external) where you will be permitted to remove your face covering if able to maintain social distancing.
- If invited into a building, you will requested to sanitize your hands on entry and upon leaving the building.
After your visit
If you develop symptoms within 10 days of visiting the school, please inform us as soon as possible by emailing Mr Ken Mulligan, Health, Safety & Risk Compliance Manager, at email@example.com
In accordance with Government Guidance, Department of Education and the NHS, the School has a Covid-19 risk assessment in place.
The risk assessment document is reviewed regularly to ensure that the school keeps up to date with changes in legislation/guidance and operational changes within the School.
The School recognises that there may need to be changes to protocols at short notice and will endeavour to keep all its patrons and local community up to date as soon as possible where required.
In line with government guidance, the School continues to request that all pupils of a required age and staff to participate in the twice weekly LFT testing at home.
The School is an active supporter of this scheme would encourages all visitors/parents to do the same.
BSA Covid-Safe Charter
Chigwell School, alongside over 350 other British schools adopts the Boarding Schools Association (BSA) COVID-Safe Charter. Please see below.